European leaders are struggling to find a solution
It seems finding a feasible solution to Greek crisis may not be possible for the European leaders as they have had 9 meetings in past 5 days and still no one have come up confidently and said that they will find the fix to the Greek Debt. It seems that there are conflicts at every meetings while leaders try to solve complex mathematics of Greece’s finance.
Here is the list of meetings that have gone through in past few days:
- Friday afternoon: Eurozone finance ministers
- Saturday: EU finance ministers
- Saturday: EU foreign ministers (general affairs council)
- Sunday morning: EU national leaders
- Sunday afternoon: Eurozone national leaders
- Wednesday: EU finance ministers
- Wednesday (tbc): Eurozone finance ministers
- Wednesday: EU national leaders
- Wednesday: Eurozone leaders
This excludes some pretty major conferences, such as the impromptu pow-wow for Jean-Claude Trichet’s retirement in Frankfurt last Wednesday, and a bilateral summit between Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy on Saturday.